Here you will find technical details of our Soil Improvements capability.
- Slopes between 60° – 65°. Typically can be created with horizontal reinforcement design and installed typically of length 70% vertical height Granular stone or growing medium facing.
- We offer a variety soil nailing solutions for slope stabilisation/temporary retention works.
- Non anchored.
- Grouted Bar.
- Ductile Pipe system.
- Rock Drilled grouted bar.
- One process that could greatly enhance the transportation of chemicals through the soil is electro-osmosis.
- Electro osmosis is a under-utilised technique that has the potential to improve the foundations of existing structures in the UK.
- The largest potential benefit is the avoidance of far more disruptive underpinning operations.
- Clay is 5000 times more porous under an electrical gradient than normal.
- When an electrical potential is created a charge is forced between the electrodes.
- The anode releases cations that migrate towards the cathode along with water
- The cations chemically change the physico-chemical properties of the soil
Electrical Resistivity Imaging (ERI)
- A 2D tool to recognise tree related subsurface dessication
- Non-Invasive Tool to assess tree-induced subsidence
- By characterising seasonal subsurface moisture content distribution.
- Helps to define the architecture of the tree root system